Thursday, April 26, 2012

When I'm 64...

I've been away from the blog for a while, and I do intend to get back to it (I'm finding it's difficult without the steady themes given by the #BlogExodus project)...

Today is the 64th birthday of the State of Israel, which has invited many comments/ jokes on the internet linked to Paul McCartney's song "When I'm 64."  Here's my effort at a couple of verses...enjoy, and good luck getting the melody out of your head!

Now that she's older, been 'round the block, many years gone by
Let us sing for Yisrael a valentine
List the reasons why she's so fine
This land is my land, eretz shell, tamid l'dor vador.
Let's make it clear now, let's give a cheer now: Israel's 64!

From Mount Hermon down to the Red Sea, there's so much to love.
See the Kotel and leave God a note,
At the Dead Sea, lean back and float
In Herziliya, in Tel Aviv, by Kinneret's shore,
Let's make it clear now, let's give a cheer now: Israel's 64!


Translation: My land, always, from generation to generation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please note that I reserve the right to remove inappropriate or offensive comments. Hopefully, your remarks do not fall into either of these categories.