Sunday, August 26, 2012

#BlogElul Prayer

Do I pray when I'm "Off the Clock?"  Of course.

I pray for health for myself, my family, and my loved ones.

I pray for enough time to accomplish all of the things that need to get done, and even some of the [not-as-essential] stuff I want to get done.

I pray that I'll finish all of the preparations for the High Holidays.

I pray for patience, and for control over my baser instincts and behaviors.

I pray that my children will inherit a world in which war, intolerance, and other scourges are unknown.

And I pray that someday, all the world will share in that last prayer, so that it may become obsolete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please note that I reserve the right to remove inappropriate or offensive comments. Hopefully, your remarks do not fall into either of these categories.